Feb 17, 2022
If your child is sick with the below symptoms they are to stay home until these symptoms have resolved and 24 hours have passed since the last symptoms without the help of medication(s).
- Fever (100.3 & up)
- Persistent cough
- Headache (severe)
- Sore throat
- Chills/body aches
- Positive Covid-19 cases must isolate/quarantine for 5 day; mask for 5 days following.
- Call or text Kimberly Garlin, RN on Covid-19 POC cell phone; number listed below if your child tests positive.
- Quarantined students are excused absences, but you must let Kimberly know to get on the quarantine list.
- Masks are now optional for K-12th grades.
- If your child is unable to consistently and correctly wear a mask after 5 days of quarantine they must continue to quarantine for a full 10 days.
- Preschool students are to be quarantined for 10 days for a positive case of covid or any close contact with a covid positive person as directed by the health department.
- For K-12th grades, we are no longer quarantining siblings or other close contacts to a covid positive person unless the close contact has or develops symptoms.
- Please keep a close check for symptoms in your child if they have come in contact with a covid positive person.
Please feel free to contact the school nurses with any questions you may have.
If your child has turned 11 or 16 since September 1, 2021, they are eligible for vaccination updates. Eleven year olds are due for Tdap the vaccine and are eligible for the MCV4 vaccine. Sixteen year olds are due for the MCV4 vaccine if they did not receive it after turning eleven years old. The Tdap vaccine protects your child against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough) and the MCV4 vaccine protects your child against meningitis. All of these diseases could be deadly. These vaccines are required for all age appropriate public school students by the state of Arkansas.
Your Go-Devil wellness team,
Kimberly Garlin, RN 353-5123 ext. 122 - GHS Wellness Center; 353-8314 - POC cell
Katherine Guidry, LPN 353-4321 - GPS nurse’s office
Marsha Danner, Nurse Paraprofessional 353-4311 - CMS nurse’s office